Fri, Aug 19|
LIVE WEBINAR: Foundations of Eating Disorder Treatment and Weight Inclusive Care
Kathryn Antin MS, LPC-S, CEDS-S & Meredith Moore PhD, LPC
Time & Location
Aug 19, 2022, 8:00 AM CDT – Aug 20, 2022, 12:00 PM CDT
About the event
[9 Credit Hours]
** If you are seeking the in-person option, please refer to the "IN PERSON: Foundations of Eating Disorder Treatment and Weight Inclusive Care" page **
** Early Bird discount through July 15, 2022: USE CODE "EARLYBIRD14" in coupon code box at checkout! **
CE Credit will not be awarded to those who are not mental health professionals. Completed evaluation will be required for credit for all participants.
Kathryn Antin MS, LPC-S, CEDS-S & Meredith Moore PhD, LPC
Due to the presenters' credentials, this training will be conducted under the ACA Code of Ethics.
This training is designed for the new and experienced therapists in agency, private practice, and school settings who are interested in learning about eating disorders, weight stigma impact on care, and best practices in evidence-based treatment. We will cover the impact of “diet culture;” the etiology, signs, symptoms, assessment tools, and diagnostic criteria of eating disorders; explore how our personal body narratives and views of weight impact the counseling space; and how to apply this knowledge to conceptualization and best practices in treatment. Presenters will use a variety of instructional methods including lecture, PowerPoint, group discussions, and experiential exercises.
1. Participants will gain understanding of the cultural impact of diet culture and the appearance ideal in the development of eating disorders
2. Participants will identify the biopsychosocial factors that contribute to the etiology of eating disorders
3. Participants will explore personal body narratives, weight stigma and bias
4. Participants will discuss how weight stigma presents itself in treatment space and how to avoid body based microaggressions
5. Participants will utilize knowledge of DSM 5 TR to apply proper diagnosis with care given to its use and its limitations
6. Participants will learn how to identify signs and symptoms of disordered eating and eating disorders
7. Participants will gain exposure to various assessment tools which can be utilized for diagnosis and case conceptualization
8. Participants will apply didactic knowledge to functional analysis, conceptualization and incorporation of theory in treatment
9. Participants will understand best practices for eating disorder treatment utilizing a multidisciplinary team approach
Live Webinar Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee minus a $50 administrative fee for 2 day training, and a $25 administrative fee for a 1 day training.
Participants who do not attend a workshop and do not submit a withdrawal request as outlined in the previous section prior to the completion of the workshop will receive a refund of the paid workshop fee minus a $100 administrative fee. Refunds are processed within 7 business days of the completion of the workshop.
Water’s Edge Counseling, Play Therapy & Training reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Water’s Edge Counseling, Play Therapy & Training will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
Water’s Edge Counseling, Play Therapy & Training reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via email prior to the workshop start time. Water’s Edge Counseling, Play Therapy & Training will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop or as soon as the reschedule date is known.. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.
Concerns should be addressed to Water’s Edge Counseling, Play Therapy & Training, 204 S. 24th Street, Rogers, AR 72756 or 1-479-621-0301. or emailed to email@example.com. When a complaint, either verbally or written is filed with The WEDGE, the following guidelines are followed with respect to achieving resolution.
Complaints relative to a speaker or workshop leader, contents of instructional materials being presented, or an individual education style being utilized, the person bringing the complaint should first address concerns with the presenter. If the presenter is not available, all comments should be placed in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If complaints concern the facility, or CEU's, they should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to 204 S 24th Street, Rogers, AR 72758. The CEO and Director of Operations(DO) will attempt to resolve the matter in a timely manner. If the offer of resolution is not satisfactory to the person filing the complaint, then further action may be taken. In this instance, a written request for reconsideration can be sent to attention of the CEO and DO. The complaint will then be reviewed by the CEO, DO and members of the training committee. A written response will be issued within 30 days of receipt of the written complaint. The decision of the CEO and DO is final.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our office for more information at 1-479-621-0301 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RegistrationW.E.D.G.E. Training Room
TrainingW.E.D.G.E. Training Room
- Ticket type
+$8.13 service fee+$8.13 service feeSold Out
This event is sold out