Waters edge R.O.C.K.S PLAY THERAPY RETREAT
Presented By: Tammi Van Hollander, LCSW, RPT-S
2 Day Retreat, 12 Credit Hours
Date: October 23-24, 2020
Location: Scott Family Amazeum
1009 Museum Way, Loft B
Bentonville, AR 72712
Registration: 8:00 AM
Training: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Early Bird Special $250 until September 27
This workshop will give participants a clear understanding of attachment theory and child development in order to decipher when treatment is necessary and help parents recognize that some of the behaviors their child is exhibiting are part of basic childhood development. We'll demonstrate how to integrate play therapy theories and incorporate creative strategies including sandtrays, bibliotherapy, mindfulness, nature-based play therapy and other expressive arts therapies through active learning and hands-on exploration. Play therapists and their mental health colleagues will leave with a toolbox filled with ready-to-use activities that they can implement immediately in daily practice with children, and also adapt for work with clients of all ages. Mindfulness, Theraplay®, nature-based activities, bibliotherapy and self-care will be included. Attendees should get ready to playfully learn , connect , rejuvenate and have fun! Think of this retreat as a gentle, playful hug for the soul.
1) Demonstrate at least 3 play therapy assessment activities that can be useful for setting therapeutic goals and treatment planning for your clients.
2) Describe 4 play therapy techniques that can be used to form healthy attachments, attunement, and regulation in play therapy clients.)
3) Discuss the efficacy of using play therapy to treat behavioral symptoms seen in infants and young children.
4) Identify 3 ways sandtray play therapy can quiet a child’s nervous system when dealing with sensitive issues.
5) Describe how play therapy can reframe trauma experiences, increase self-regulation and connect to a mind/body awareness.
6) Summarize the importance of therapeutic touch and discuss ethical issues related to implementing therapeutic touch in play therapy.
7) Apply play therapy skills to build resilience through development of relationship and self-esteem
8) Define the Therapeutic Powers of Play and learn how they are an essential part of the healing process.
9) Determine the benefits of mindfulness, nature and play therapy for children to regulate emotions and feel empathy.
10) Identify 3 ways bibliotherapy can be integrated into your play therapy practice
11) Learn clinical and developmental theories that enhance our understanding of our clients, families and self.
About the Presenter
Tammi Van Hollander,
TAMMI VAN HOLLANDER, LCSW, RPT-S, is a licensed clinical social worker and Registered Play Therapist Supervisor and has spent over 20 years working with children, families and individuals. She is an international speaker and the owner of Main Line Play Therapy in Bryn Mawr, PA. Tammi is also a certified Trainer for the Nurtured Heart Approach® and a certified FirstPlay® practitioner. She is the founding board member of The World Association for Sand Therapy Professionals. Tammi has a contagious passion for her work and she is a sought after presenter who has done numerous podcasts, webinars and she is the author of a multi-sensory children’s book titled “Casey’s Greatness Wings: Teaching Mindfulness Connection and Courage to Children.”