Sat, Sep 17|
LIVE WEBINAR: Integrating The Nurtured Heart Approach® and Greatness Activities into your Play Therapy Practice
Time & Location
Sep 17, 2022, 8:00 AM CDT – Sep 18, 2022, 12:00 PM CDT
About the event
[12 Non-Contact Credit Hours]
** Early Bird discount through August 15, 2022: USE CODE "EARLYBIRD13" in coupon code box at checkout! **
** If you are seeking the in person option, please refer to the "IN PERSON: Integrating The Nurtured Heart Approach® and Greatness Activities into your Play Therapy Practice" page **
CE Credit will not be awarded to those who are not mental health professionals. Completed post-test and evaluation will be required for credit for all live webinar participants.
Tammi Van Hollander, LCSW, RPT-S
Due to the presenter's credentials, this training will be conducted under the NASW and APT Codes of Ethics.
The Nurtured Heart Approach consists of a set of strategies that assists children in further developing their self-regulation and has been found effective with the most challenging children and effective for strengthening all relationships. It focuses on transforming the way children perceive themselves, their caregivers, and the world around them.
"As an advanced certified NHA trainer and play therapist, this approach has impacted me both personally and professionally and the lives of my clients and families have been transformed. In this workshop, you will learn The 3 StandsTM and recognition techniques of this highly effective approach and we will be doing hands-on creative play therapy-based exercises that will bring about resilience and connection. These interventions are strengthened through the therapeutic powers of play and can be used with any age group and in any setting to easily incorporate into your practice. During our two days together, you will learn my favorite play-based interventions that complement the approach and build resiliency in children. By incorporating gameplay, sand tray, mindfulness, bibliotherapy, movement, and art, you will not only feel empowered, you will leave with the tools to empower your clients and their families."
- Learn a new strength-based approach called Nurtured Heart Approach® and incorporate it into your play therapy practice.
- Explain at least 3 reasons why conventional methods of parenting, therapy, and teaching often fail with intense children, despite the best of intentions.
- Learn how the Therapeutic Powers of Play strengthen the effectiveness of the approach by integrating different play therapy modalities.
- Learn at least 3 play therapy interventions inspired by NHA® that enhance greatness and resilience for children and families.
- Learn how strengthening relationships and connections can be incorporated creatively using play therapy with children and families.
- Describe how directive play therapy differs from child-centered play therapy.
- Learn how we can use praise, recognitions, and self-awareness to build resiliency in children in the playroom
- Gain a basic understanding of neurobiology and its impact on regulation and behaviors
- Demonstrate at least 6 play-based interventions to build resiliency in children, teens, and families in the playroom
- Describe theoretical constructs that encourage resiliency and attachment in the play therapy room.
- Identify at least 5 ways to integrate greatness themes into family play therapy sessions in the playroom
- List the therapeutic benefits of integrating The Nurtured Heart Approach into play therapy, counseling, and psychotherapy.
Tammi Van Hollander, LCSW, RPT-S is a licensed clinical social worker and Registered Play Therapist Supervisor, and has spent over 25 years working with children, families, and individuals. She is an international speaker, author, and product creator. Tammi is the author of a multi-sensory, attachment-based children’s book titled, Casey’s Greatness Wings: Teaching Mindfulness, Connection, and Courage to Children. The success of the book inspired her to create Casey’s Greatness Sticks & Greatness Cards to be used in schools, counseling, and in the home. She specializes in attachment, sand tray play therapy & sensory integration working with infants, children, families, and adults of all ages. She is a certified Advanced Trainer for the Nurtured Heart Approach®, a certified FirstPlay® practitioner, and a founding board member of The World Association for Sand Therapy Professionals.
Live Webinar Policy:
For a successful Live Webinar that ensures full CE credit, you will need:
- A device (computer or tablet preferred) with a working camera and microphone.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
- A designated safe space of your choosing free from disruption.
- A reliable childcare plan (if applicable).
- A commitment to keep your webcam on the entire workshop.
- The workshop supplies nearby that have either been requested in the workshop email or provided in the supply shipment (if applicable).
Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee minus a $50 administrative fee for 2 day training, and a $25 administrative fee for a 1 day training.
Participants who do not attend a workshop and do not submit a withdrawal request as outlined in the previous section prior to the completion of the workshop will receive a refund of the paid workshop fee minus a $100 administrative fee. Refunds are processed within 7 business days of the completion of the workshop.
Water’s Edge Counseling, Play Therapy & Training reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Water’s Edge Counseling, Play Therapy & Training will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
Water’s Edge Counseling, Play Therapy & Training reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via email prior to the workshop start time. Water’s Edge Counseling, Play Therapy & Training will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop or as soon as the reschedule date is known. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.
Concerns should be addressed to Water’s Edge Counseling, Play Therapy & Training, 204 S. 24th Street, Rogers, AR 72756 or 1-479-621-0301. or emailed to email@example.com. When a complaint, either verbally or written is filed with The WEDGE, the following guidelines are followed with respect to achieving resolution.
Complaints relative to a speaker or workshop leader, contents of instructional materials being presented, or an individual education style being utilized, the person bringing the complaint should first address concerns with the presenter. If the presenter is not available, all comments should be placed in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If complaints concern the facility, or CEU's, they should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to 204 S 24th Street, Rogers, AR 72758. The CEO and Director of Operations(DO) will attempt to resolve the matter in a timely manner. If the offer of resolution is not satisfactory to the person filing the complaint, then further action may be taken. In this instance, a written request for reconsideration can be sent to attention of the CEO and DO. The complaint will then be reviewed by the CEO, DO and members of the training committee. A written response will be issued within 30 days of receipt of the written complaint. The decision of the CEO and DO is final.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our office for more information at 1-479-621-0301 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RegistrationW.E.D.G.E. Training Room
2 hours 30 minutes
TrainingW.E.D.G.E. Training Room
VIRTUAL Training$425.00+$10.63 service feeSold Out
This event is sold out