IN PERSON: Engaging the Body in Play Therapy
Time & Location
About the event
[12 Credit Hours]
** Early bird discount through Feb 5, 2022: USE CODE "EARLYBIRD1" in coupon code box at checkout! **
Robyn Gobbel, LMSW-Clinical
This training will include didactic and experiential learning; participants should dress comfortably and be prepared to move and play. Activities will allow the participants to experience ways to incorporate music and movement into the play therapy process with children. Attendees will leave this training with practical tools, strategies and applications that enhance the client's capacity to connect with others, process trauma without being overwhelmed, and facilitate healing.
1. Attendees will be able to explain the importance of working through a client's dysregulation in the play therapy room with connection and attunement instead of limits and consequences.
2. Attendees will be able to define sensory integration and understand how this relates to regulation.
3. Attendees will demonstrate how to incorporate movement, rhythm, and sensory play into their play therapy process to help their client be more regulated in and out of session.
4. Attendees will demonstrate how to help clients expand their skills in noticing, tracking, and tolerating sensations.
5. Attendees will learn play therapy interventions to help children increase body awareness.
6. Attendees will be able to apply a system to teach children through play therapy to monitor and modify their inner state.
7. Attendees will be able to create play therapy treatment plans based on viewing challenges behavior as dysregulation of the nervous system as opposed to misbehavior.
8. Attendees will identify ways to approach play therapy assessment and treatment planning through a developmental, neurosequential approach.
9. Attendees will be able to demonstrate ways to invite the hypo- and hyper-aroused nervous system back into the window of tolerance using movement, rhythm, and sensory play in the play therapy room.
10. Attendees will assess how the person-of-therapist impacts utilizing body-based play therapy techniques.
11. Attendees will demonstate the ability to track play therapy themes that are expressed.
12. Attendees will be able to identify why it is important to engage parents through parent coaching and/or family play sessions.
RegistrationW.E.D.G.E. Training Room
3 hours 30 minutes
Training 1W.E.D.G.E. Training Room
- ONLY Engaging the Body in Play$425+$10.63 Service fee$425+$10.63 Service fee0$0
- BOTH Robyn Gobbel Trainings$650+$16.25 Service fee$650+$16.25 Service fee0$0