Autplay Therapy is a therapeutic treatment approach designed for working with children, adolescents, and families affected by autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
Typically age 3 to 18 years of age
Three phases of treatment
Intake and Assessment
Primary Target Areas
1. Social Skill Improvement
2. Emotional Regulation Ability
3. Connection (Relationship Development)
Secondary Target Areas
1. Anxiety Reduction
2. Sensory Processing
3. Behavior Change
1. Autplay Therapy requires extensive parental involvement beginning very early in the assessment process as therapist is very dependent on the expertise of the parents to determine appropriateness of treatment and determining most effective interventions.
2. Autplay Therapy incorporates a parent training component which teaches parents and other family members how to implement directive play therapy techniques at home.
3. Parents learn the procedures and techniques and are shown how to implement
techniques at home to increase skill and ability levels in their children.
4. Parent training and home implementation begin soon after the assessment and will continue throughout the therapeutic process requiring a significant commitment to treatment.